Friday, February 13, 2009

Art Paper Doll


I'm learning to download the pictures from my camera to this machine, but VISTA won't run my favorite editing program, so I have to find a new one. I've been using an old program called Micrografx Webtricity. It was bought out by Corel, years ago and I knew it would, eventually become obsolete, but I was really hoping...sigh....
Anyway, here is a picture, straight from the camera, of a recent project. I wish I could noodle with it to give you a better view, but that will come in time, I guess. This is a little, artist paper doll that I included in a birthday card to my daughter. I also included samples of all the textured paper I have been painting, lately. It's my latest obsession. I've been using it in my art journaling...another obsession.
There's a lot more I'd like to share, but I have to keep it simple, until I'm more familiar with this machine, though it sure is good to be back!
Bettina

7 comments:

Bryon said...

Nice 2 see you posting once more...I browsed through many many months ago and got hooked on your blog tunes. I bookmarked your blog and tune in whenever/wherever Im tinkering on my laptop to listen while on my net-time. Selfish as it is...please permit me to continue the habit, and, enjoy your posts.

Bettina Makley, aka Fairywebmother. said...

Thanks, Bryon! I'm glad you like my song choices, as they are transending, for me. "I Choose Love" I wrote myself and I especially like to spread that one around, because I believe it to be a healthy affirmation in a crazy and confusing (but wonderful) world! Drop by, anytime!

Anonymous said...

Hello Bettina, I just stumbled upon your blog and really enjoying reading your posts, learning about you and yourjourney through life, and looking at your images, AND hearing you sing the song about Choosing Love......!

Bettina Makley, aka Fairywebmother. said...

Thank you, very much, Victoria! (may I call you Victoria?) I love it when new friends drop by...especially when they enjoy themselves! I do hope you will come back, again, sometime. In the mean time, I'll be looking for your art!

carol l mckenna said...

Bettina ~ I am a member of Wild Art Dolls & thought I would check out your blog ~ Wow, you are one creative young woman! thanks,

Check out my blog when you have time ~ thanks,
Hugs and namaste,
Carol
http://artmusedog.blogspot.com

Bettina Makley, aka Fairywebmother. said...

Hi, Carol!

Thanks for stopping by! So good that you enjoyed your visit...and I love that you called me "young". :) I needed that.

I'll be checking out your blog, directly.

Bev said...

hi Bettina love your blog saw u at Willowing's blog which i just joined , anyway i just wanted to mention that Picassa 3 is a great free program from Google that u can upload to and edit your pics i upload mine to Picassa straight to the camera ...

leofaerie