Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Meet...Edward.


In my last blog, I had begun my exploration into the world of needle felting. You can read more about needle felting, there, but I wanted to pop in and tell you about "Edward".



"Edward" is my first, intuitive, needle felted sculpture. I couldn't wait for more roving to arrive, so I used the left-overs from my bear kit. I'm really champing at the bit to start playing with more colors, but I'm thankful there was enough purple left over to create "Edward". I used what I learned, but no patterns. He just poked, right out of my hands!




I've listed him, but it was hard. He's my first, original design, in this art form...but I need more roving. :)




Bettina

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh I LOVE IT!!!!!! It has a bit of Narnia magic connected to it doesn't it??? :-) Edward is fantastical!!!!

Bettina Makley, aka Fairywebmother. said...

Thanks, Melanie! I'm so glad you like him!

Yes, Narnia is always inspiring...but when I looked this little guy in the face with all that wild hair, I couldn't help but be reminded of Edward Scissorhands. LOL.

Leola - Southshoreartist said...

Edward is wonderful. I've never seen this type of sculpting before. Very interesting. I'm adding a link to your blog from mine if thats ok. :) cheers!
southshoreartist

Linda Manning Findley said...

Oh I love Edward ... needle felting is so wonderful but not for me .... I can totally appreciate it and all the hard work .... Linda F