Friday, August 19, 2011

Background Experiments

This is a digital collage of some images from my 9x12 mixed media journal. If you click on it, you will see it much larger.

Just trying to keep the creativity flowing. I recently moved from an apartment in the city, to a house in the burbs and it's going to take a while to get completely organized. In the mean time, I have appropriated the second kitchen (yeah, we have two...lol) as temporary studio space. There isn't much room, right now, to unpack all my boxes, but at least I can get to many of the basics, for art journaling.

This, from a recent Facebook note, explains my feelings about visual journaling:

"My journal is where I heal, where I grow, where I recreate myself, from the inside out. I scream into my journal. I cry into my journal. I laugh into my journal. I dance, celebrate life, mourn loss, gather skills, both personal and artistic, get angry...and quietly detox my mind and defuse the anxiety that can so often build up in my Soul. Creating is a need...like food or breath, at least, for me.

When I am creating, there is a flush of energy that is almost intoxicating. Sometimes that "flush" is like a wave that hits out of nowhere and I do my best to catch it and ride it to whatever distant shore it is taking me, and though I may be surprised by the destination, I am NEVER disappointed...and I await the next wave with joyful anticipation. "

The collage, above, is an example of a creative wave. I have no idea where those pages are going, but I am really enjoying the ride, in what little time I have to create, these days. I'm scraping, painting, heating, tearing, cutting, drawing, splashing, spraying and writing, and there are new ideas emerging. More importantly, I am healing from months of stressing out over the move.

Baby stepping, back to my creative life. :)

*slinging paint with a great, big sigh of relief*

Bettina

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Living in the Moment said...

Love your creativity, love your style, love your spirit!
~Kristine

Bettina Makley, aka Fairywebmother. said...

Thank you, Kristine!